Armed Forces

Bombs and Rockets for the Polish F-16s

  • Przyszłość amerykańskich lotów załogowych: Boeing CST-100 Starliner, Orion NASA, Dragon 2 SpaceX. Fot. NASA/Amber Watson

The Armament Inspectorate has started a tender, in which AMRAAM training missiles, 200 guided and 300 unguided bombs are to be acquired for the Lockheed Martin F-16C/D Jastrząb fighters stationed at the Łask AB. Final offer placing deadline expires on 2nd March this year.

This is yet another armament bundle for the aircraft based at the  32nd Tactical Air Base. The tender is to make it possible to realize the following purchases:  32 practice CTAM-120C AMRAAM missiles, 100 GPS-guided GBU-38 JDAM Bombs  (based on Mk. 82 500 lbs. bombs), 100 laser guided GBU-12 bombs (also based on the Mk.82 bombs) , 200 Mk. 84 unguided bombs (1000 lbs.), 100 Mk.82 bombs and 3000 CXU-3A/B practice bomb signal cartridges, which are used to indicate the hit point of the dummy bombs.

The final part of the tender is to involve up to 5 bidders, who are experienced in provision of such supplies, and have at least 5 years of experience gathered within the European Union. 95% of the assessment of the offers is based on the price, while the remaining 5% are to be based on maintenance services.