Besides the dummy bombs for Su-22, MiG-29 and TS-11 aircraft, the Armed Forces also considered acquisition of explosive and thermal cartridges (flares). The planned list of new equipment to be acquired includes the following items:
- 12 PT-8M-2 explosive cartridges (used in canopy jettisoning systems which are applied during the ejection procedures in the MiG-29UB fighters);
- 100 PDO-1 explosive cartridges (used in canopy jettisoning systems which are applied during the ejection procedures in the MiG-29UB fighters; these are also used in the body of the mechanisms which control the canopy curtain);
- 10 20CF4D explosive cartridges (used in the emergency rope cutting system of the 76379-040 hoisting winch, which is the equipment of the Mi-17-1V helicopters);
- 15 200 PP3 explosive cartridges (used in fire-prevention systems of the Polish aircraft, as the device which is opening the fire-extinguishing systems on-board of choppers and aeroplanes);
- 30 000 NT-26 thermal cartridges (flares) (for aircraft self-defence systems, which are a countermeasure, which acts against the thermal guidance systems of infra-red guided anti-aircraft missiles).
Detailed description of the subject of the order is contained within the terms of reference, and it is to be, as it is usually done, provided for the bidders by the Armament Inspectorate.
It is also known that the criteria which would govern acceptance of the placed offers would include the price (with a weight of 85%) and term during which the new equipment is to be usable (with a weight of 15%). The offers will be accepted by the Armament Inspectorate until Feb. 12. 2015, 10.00 AM CET.