The technical dialogue procedure is aimed at defining the options within the scope of procuring a tactical reconnaissance/jamming module that would be operated within the frequency range between 1 and 3,000 MHz (for jamming - within the range between 1.5 and 3,000 MHz). The module in question would be required to be integrated on the KTO Rosomak wheeled APC platform. The main task for this system would be to carry out radio-electronic intercepting, tracking and counteracting (defensively and offensively), concerning the enemy radio communications.
As announced by the Armament Inspectorate, the following entities expressed their willingness to take part in the dialogue:
- Elbit Systems EW and SIGINT – Elisra Ltd.
- Elta Systems Ltd.
- Military Communications Institute
- Enamor International Sp. z .o.o.
- AM Technologies Sp. z o.o. Sp. k.
- MAW Telecom International S.A.
- GISS Sp. z .o.o.
- Plath GmbH.
- Leonardo S.p.A.
- Military Electronic Works S.A. and Military Communications Works No. 1 S.A., together with OBR CTM S.A. and Rosomak S.A.
- Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co.KG.
- Siltec Sp. z o.o.
- Military University of Technology
- Enterprise Control Systems Ltd.
- Saab Sensor Systems Germany GmbH with Saab Technologies Poland Sp. z o.o.
- KenBIT Koenig i Wspólnicy Sp. J.
- IBCOL Sp. z o.o. with Kirntec Ltd.
- Thales Polska Sp. z o.o.'
The technical dialogue is to make it possible to assess the possibility of meeting the preliminary requirements. The communications and conversation taking place during that phase are aimed at specifying the conditions pertaining to the logistics, certainty and security of delivery and training activities. The dialogue is also to allow for estimation of the cost associated with the acquisition and operational use, as well as with withdrawal. Finally, the procedure is also to make it possible to estimate the time required to acquire the equipment.
The dialogue is to take place between February and March next year.
Domestic (public and private) entities, ranging from manufacturers, research facilities up to equipment dealers, as well as foreign businesses made requests to take part in the procedures - 18 entities in total.
Next, the Armament Inspectorate would decide as to which of the entities could participate in the dialogue. Then the procedure proper would be launched. This means that the dialogue would be used to prepare the prospective procurement process. If the dialogue is successful, it could potentially result in a major reinforcement of the Polish military potential within the framework of electronic warfare.