For the first time, this year's edition of the Defence24 DAY conference is organized following a two-day formula. The Defence24 DAY is accompanied by SOFEAST scientific conference and exhibition, devoted to SOF and CSAR operations. The debates would be accompanied by presentations related to the technical modernization of the Polish Armed Forces and by an exhibition of military equipment that would involve the most prominent Polish defence sector businesses, such as the PGZ Group, WB Group, TELDAT, as well as foreign partners.
The discussion undertaken during Defence24 Day & SOFEAST would revolve around the burning topics tied to the development of the Polish security system. This includes the modernization and transformation of the Polish Armed Forces, NATO-driven regional cooperation, implementation of national defence strategy, and establishment of a common defence system in sync with reinforcement of the Polish defence industry. The event would feature discussion panels that would cover the key domains of modernization pursued by the Polish military, and further development of defence industry, and evolution of the Polish military procurement system.
The event has received support from the following subjects and entities: Mariusz Błaszczak, head of the Polish MoD, Mariusz Kamiński, Minister of Interior and Administration, National Security Bureau, Ministry of State Assets, and Government Centre of Security.
Honorary Patronage for the SOFEAST conference is provided by mjr Aleksander Tarnawski, the last surviving Home Army Airborne veteran. The event is dedicated to him, on his 100th birthday, and it also commemorates the Cichociemni (Silent Unseen), the elite special-operations paratroopers of the Polish Army in exile.
Defence24 Day & SOFEAST would be opened by the President of the Management Board at Defence24 - Piotr Małecki. The event would also involve the head of the Polish MoD - Mariusz Błaszczak, and Paweł Soloch, Head of the National Security Bureau.
The list of participants includes, among other prominent VIPs:
- Wojciech Skurkiewicz, Undersecretary of State at the Polish MoD;
- Jacek Ozdoba, Secretary of State at the Ministry of Climate and Environment;
- Artur Soboń, Secretary of State at the Ministry of State Assets;
- Paweł Jabłoński, Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- General Jarosław Mika, General Commander of the Polish Armed Forces;
- Lt. Gen., Tomasz Piotrowski, Operational Commander of the Polish Armed Forces;
- Lt. Gen. (Ret) Jan Śliwka, First Deputy Commander of the Polish Armed Forces, 2016-2021;
- Div. Gen. Piotr Błazeusz, Deputy Chief of General Staff;
- Div. Gen. Wiesław Kukuła, Commander of the Territorial Defence Component;
- Div. Gen. Stanisław Czosnek, Deputy General Commander of the Armed Forces;
- Div. Gen. Sławomir Drumowicz, SOF Component Commander;
- Div. Gen. Jarosław Gromadziński, Commander of the 18th Mechanized Division;
- Div. Gen. Dorin, representing the Romanian Armed Forces;
- Vice-admiral Krzysztof Jaworski, Commander at the Center of Naval Operations, Commander of the Naval Component;
- Div. General, Pilot Dariusz Malinowski, Deputy Operational Commander of the Polish Armed Forces;
- Div. Gen. Jacek Pszczoła, Air Force Inspector, Polish General Command of the Armed Forces;
- Div. Gen. Andrzej Reudowicz, Deputy Head at the National Security Bureau;
- Superintendent Dariusz Augustyniak, First Deputy Police Commander;
- and other officers of the Polish Armed Forces, MPs, Senators, diplomats, experts, journalists, and representatives of the Polish defence industry.