Defence24 Day: Discussing the Polish Military Procurement Reform. 22nd September: 2nd Edition of the Conference
The second edition of the Defence24 DAY conference organized by the Defence24 Group is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, 22nd September. Reform of the Polish Armed Forces’ equipment procurement system is expected to be the main theme of the event. Mariusz Błaszczak, head of the Polish MoD, offered the honorary patronage for the conference.
Defence24 Day is the leading defence and security conference organized in Poland. focusing on the strategic aspects of national defence in the domestic and international dimensions. During the last year’s edition, the head of the Polish MoD, Mariusz Błaszczak, announced that Poland has sent the Letter of Request to the US, concerning the Polish procurement of 32 F-35A Vth generation Multi Role Combat Aircraft. This stage preceded the actual procurement contract signed in January this year.
The second edition is going to take place on 22nd September at the Hilton Warsaw Hotel in Warsaw (ul. Grzybowska 63). The primary theme of the conference would be focused the reform of the defence procurement system used by the Polish Armed Forces.
The main elements of the reform would be presented during the conference by the representatives of the MoD’s leadership. Then they would be subjected to a debate during numerous discussion panels that would follow. The priority modernization effort, pursued by the Polish military, would also be debated, as well as the capacity of the Polish industry and the Polish Armed Forces’ recruitment system, along with the process of establishment of a common defence scheme, cyber-security system, critical infrastructure protection, and the use of simulation solutions.
Mariusz Błaszczak, the head of the MoD, and Paweł Soloch, the Head of the National Security Bureau have both announced their attendance.
The invited guests include the following persons:
- Michał Dworczyk, Secretary of State at the PM’s Office;
- Sebastian Chwałek, Secretary of State at the Polish MoD;
- Maciej Małecki, Secretary of State at the Ministry of State Assets;
- General Jarosław Mika, General Commander of the Polish Armed Forces;
- Lt. Gen., Tomasz Piotrowski, Operational Commander of the Polish Armed Forces;
- Major General Dariusz Ryczkowski, Head of the Armed Forces’ Support Inspectorate;
- Major General Wiesław Kukuła, Commander of the Territorial Defence Component;
- Major General Jarosław Gromadziński, Commander of the 18th Mechanized Division;
- Major General Stanisław Czosnek, Deputy Commander of the Polish Armed Forces;
- Brig. General Karol Molenda, Director at the National Cyberspace Security Center, Polish Ministry of Defence Plenipotentiary for Establishing the Cyberspace Defence Forces;
- Brig. General Artur Dębczak, Plenipotentiary for implementation of a Polish Armed Forces’ recruitment system;
- Brig. General Sławomir Drumowicz PhD Eng, Commander of the Special Operations Forces Component,
- Highly ranked officers of the Polish military;
- Representatives of the state administration;
- Representatives of the industry and R&D centres;
The event would be a place for debate and it would also serve as a forum for the exchange of views and experiences among the politicians, public administration, the Polish military, experts, and the defence industry. The conference takes place under honorary patronage of the Head of the MoD, Deputy PM and Minister of State Assets - Jacek Sasin, Head of the National Security Bureau and National Centre for Cyberspace Security.